Fort Gibson Lake Association
300 South Dewey Avenue
Wagoner, OK 74467
click to visit website »
Fort Gibson Lake is located on Grand (Neosho) River, five miles NorthWest of Fort Gibson, Oklahoma and lies in Wagoner, Cherokee and Mayes counties, extending upriver to the Markham Ferry Dam, Lake Hudson.
Construction of the Fort Gibson Dam began in 1942, was suspended during World War II and finally completed in September 1953. The dam was designed and built by the Tulsa District, Corps of Engineers, at a cost of over $42 million.
Just a short drive from Tulsa and Muskogee, recreational opportunities abound! The Fort Gibson Lake area offers more than 17,000 acres of public hunting, 4,500 acres of Waterfowl refuge, eight Marinas and the luxurious and serene Western Hills Guest Ranch (where golf and horseback riding are available).
Wagoner and Fort Gibson have a historic past that includes fur traders and Native American history, and today you'll find antiques, museums, delicious food, Wagoner Water Park, cabins and camping, and a variety of special events for the whole family.
Stop by the Visitors Center located in Blake Park in Wagoner for brochures, directions to Fort Gibson Lake area and a cup of coffee.