Tues-Fri: 1pm - 4pm
First Sat of every month: 1pm - 4pm
The home of Dr. W.G. and Mrs. Phillips was given to the Skiatook Museum by their daughter, Mrs. Betty Phillips Harris in 1988. The Museum has made five moves since they organized in 1976. The house was built in 1912 and was Dr. Phillips office and home for his family during all the years that he lived.
At the Skiatook Museum, anyone interested in their family tree or Skiatook's past can come in and view personal papers, photographs, and documents of the pioneer families, events and places, which are all recorded here.
The Museum features a microfilm reader which visitors use to research newspapers dating back to April 1905, when the first newspaper was published in Skiatook.
The Museum also takes gifts and donations to be displayed for the enjoyment of the entire community. Some other fund raising projects include:
- Calendars (a series of historical pictures)
- Skiatook Book (reprint from 1872-1921)
- Family Tree Book
- Bird Creek Basin Book
- Annual/Lifetime Memberships
- Engraved Memorials and Book