Fort Gibson Lake
Fort Gibson Lake is located on Grand (Neosho) River five miles NW of Fort Gibson, Oklahoma and lies in Wagoner, Cherokee and Mayes counties, extending upriver to the Markham Ferry Dam, Lake Hudson.
Construction of the Fort Gibson Dam began in 1942, was suspended during World War II and completed in September 1953. The Fort Gibson project was authorized by the Flood Control Act of 1941. The dam was designed and built by the Tulsa District, Corps of Engineers, at a cost of $42,535,000.
Just a short drive from Tulsa and Muskogee, Fort Gibson Lake offer a multitude of recreational opportunities. The area offers:
- More than 17,000 acres of public hunting
- 4,500 acres of Waterfowl refuge
- Eight Marinas
- Western Hills Guest Ranch (where golf & horseback riding are available)
Wagoner & Fort Gibson have an historic past that includes fur traders & Indians and today in addition to great family fun you'll find:
- Antiques Shops
- Tasty Food
- Water Park
- Special Events
Stop by the Fort Gibson Visitors Center located in Blake Park, Hwy 51 & US 69 in Wagoner, for brochures, directions and a cup of coffee. 10am-6pm Daily