Cities and Counties » Great Lakes » Claremore
Getting away for a day, a night or a weekend, Claremore can provide a visitor with history, festivals, shopping and dining. Over 300 antique dealers line the quaint streets of the historic downtown, making it one of the most sought after shopping destinations in Green Country.
Located on Historic Route 66, Claremore is renowned for its many museums of history. Take a moment to visit the:
- J.M. Davis Arms & Historical Museum
- Will Rogers Memorial Museum & Birthplace Ranch
- Oklahoma Military Academy Museum
- Claremore Museum of History
- Totem Pole Park (home of the world&'s largest Totem Pole)
- Belvidere Victorian Mansion
Entertainment and special events abound in the city of Claremore. The Claremore Expo Center has a multitude of monthly and annual events that include the popular:
- Mad Dog Demolition Derby - Jan.
- Outdoor Sporting Expo - Mar.
- Green Country Classic Ranch Rodeo - Apr.
- Rogers Country Home & Garden Show - Mar.
- Blue Grass & Chili Festival - Sept.
- Rogers County Fair - Sept.
Additional Annual Events Include:
- Live horse racing at Cherokee Casino Will Rogers Downs
- Gatesway Balloon Festival - Sept.
- Oklahoma Fall Hunting & Fishing Show - Sept.
- Will Rogers Wiley Post Fly-In - Aug.
- Will Rogers Days - Nov.
- Boots N BBQ - May
- Dickens on the Boulevard - Nov.
- Route 66 Cruisers Annual Cruise-In and Car Show - Sept.
- Pumpkin Festival at Shepard's Cross - Oct.
Where to Eat in Claremore
When you need a break to rest your feet, enjoy Claremore's many restaurants offering fine dining, local favorite Mexican dishes, mile-high pies and world-class BBQ. We have something to satisfy the most discriminating taste buds. Here's just a few to consider:
Belvidere Tea Room in Claremore’s Victorian Mansion – luncheon
Buddy’s Grill – traditional BBQ
Hammett House – home cooking, pies
Hot Mama’s Deli at the Route 66 Nut House
The Pink House – luncheon and sweet treats
Where to Stay in Claremore
If you're looking for quiet places to stay in Claremore, Oklahoma, we have a variety of bed & breakfast inns, hotels, motels, and RV sites. Consider one of the following:
- Comfort Inn
- Super 8
- Hampton Inn & Suites
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites
- La Quinta Inn & Suites
- Will Rogers Inn
- Claremore Motor Inn
- Andersonville Bed & Breakfast
- Country Inn Bed & Breakfast
- Claremore Expo Center & RV Park
KOA at Will Rogers Downs
Where to Shop in Claremore
Clearly the "Great American Past-time" shopping in Claremore is always in style. Find yourself at one of these:
- Historic Downtown Claremore – more than 300 antique/collectable dealers. Shop trendy boutiques and see local artists' works at "A Gallery of the Arts".
- J.M. Davis Arms and Historical Museum – gift shop
- Ne-Mar Shopping Center
- The Nut House on Route 66 – sweet items, nuts and gifts
- Will Rogers Memorial Museum – gift shop
« back to cities in Great Lakes
« back to regions